Day 61: Cebu City - A Deaf Friendly Society

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

It's the 61st day of my ICS Volunteering journey. We had a short meeting with JP for CAD's role this Saturday for the guest that will be coming over to help us spread the cause for Break the Silence Run! 
Cebu City Hall! 
 Mike, Janice and I then went to the Cebu City Hall to send a letter to allow us to use the bus on May 1 and 3. We were able to meet Julie who is also a GVSP volunteer. I was surprised that the government employees here knows sign language. Ms. Julie told me it is important because they are serving the community and they will encounter Deaf people. It was around 2 years ago that they had the training and they could still remember it.

Ms. Julie, Mike and I

Ms. Julie even shared to us the FSL manual she made to train people in government service. I was so inspired by what she has done. It's true indeed how PWD friendly Cebu is, especially to the Deaf community. Finally, we also left 5 Movie tickets for our fundraising event hoping it would sell.

Basma, checking on the registration sheets
and putting  race numbers and names on the shirts.
 I went back to GVSP office to lend some hand putting names and race numbers on the shirts, then, packing them in groups and bundles. Team CAD is really busy for many matters like fundraising and the upcoming camp. I also miss spending time with my other co-volunteers. It was fun helping them even for this little task. I hope I was able to lighten a bit of the burden for the preparations. 

Small things brings us true and everlasting joy. It is when we forget about the basics that we fail in becoming experts. 

Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. THE DEAF EXPLORER - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger