Day 29: Final Preparations

Friday, March 15, 2013

Mike, Sofia (both ICS British Volunteers) and Janice 
(VPS for CAD) discussion on how to arrange the venue
It's the day before the Leadership Training Seminar for the officers and members of the Cebu Association of the Deaf (CAD) on Saturday and Sunday. We printed the handouts and prepared the venue for tomorrow.


We will be giving basic lectures about Event Management, Fund Raising, Handling Meetings, Roles of Officers and Members, Leadership Attitudes, Financial Management and, Team Building Activities. CAD just recently elected new set of officers last January for the C.Y. 2012-2014.

From L-R: Janice, Sofia, Francis, Mike, Michelle.
 Team CAD after the Venue Preparation
We had a week preparation beginning from conceptualizing and writing the topics based on the needs expressed by the VPS for CAD to creating power point presentations that is deaf friendly. Earlier today, we practiced how to deliver our lectures using the Filipino Sign Language. It's quite challenging but for almost a month that we were here in Cebu City, Philippines - we were able to learn and enrich our vocabularies daily through working with very patient co-volunteers and deaf friends.

After the venue arrangement, we went back to Gualandi Volunteer Service Programme's (GVSP) Office to surprise Sonny who is celebrating his birthday. Team CAD volunteers also prepared a birthday card for him. The birthday boy is very talented in drawing and I want to see him painting one of these days.


I feel a bit exhausted today since I didn't have any break because for around 10 days now,  I keep joining activities even if it's outside of my work placement. It's just that I find myself so eager to learn. I just hope that I won't get burned out from being too passionate about the things we do here in the deaf community in Cebu.

A tough week I should say, but, a slice of cake can indeed uplift my emotions and keep me going. Sometimes, I just have to find something to remind me that all is well.

Celebrate life. :)
Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. THE DEAF EXPLORER - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger