Day 60: Out of Camotes Island

Monday, April 15, 2013

It's the 60th day of my ICS volunteering journey. We woke up around 2:30 AM so we can go back to Cebu City as early as possible. The stars were seen very clearly and it decorated the skies like stardust on the wall.
Finally, arrived at Danao Port!
We reached the port on time and I felt so at ease knowing that we will be able to join our team meeting. Although our Camotes trip is a total rip off, I know I learned a lot of things.
Danao Jeepney Terminal

We then walked to Danao Jeepney Terminal going straight to SM Cebu City. It was nearby the church. It was more than an hour travel and I rested for a little to re-energize myself. 

Monday Team Meetings!
Back to our Monday team meetings, we then shared our experiences the past week and share developments on our current work placements. I thanked Amy, KP and Phillip for sharing their photos and I asked helped from them to help us push the website.
Team Impact Case Study
A short briefing about the reports we need to make and submit on May 6 was discussed by Jeduard. It's about the Personal and Team Case studies. It's one of the program requirements that we need to make. Its also an opportunity to share what we have experienced and learned while we are in the program. 

Later this afternoon, Sofia and I had a one on one session on Fundraising. She shared to me how to make websites. There were three important aspects I learned - Urgency, Color, and , Font Style and Size. 

I started redoing the website and tried to apply what I just learned however my skill in making websites is just so frustrating and that dissatisfies me. Made me think of getting another degree in college - Computer Programming or Information Technology.

Well, as they say, "If it does not challenge you, then, it won't change you.". I couldn't agree more! :)
Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. THE DEAF EXPLORER - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger