Day 51: Snorkeling and Virgin Islands

Saturday, April 6, 2013

It's the 51st day of my ICS Volunteering Journey. I'm so excited to see the sunrise today! I woke up around 5:00 AM and saw Phillip, Jenny and Basma already on the shore waiting for the sun to come out. It was a long wait and we all thought that the sunrise was already over.

Playing with our shadows. Fun with the Sunrise.
After few minutes, we realized that it was just beginning to rise and it only took few minutes before you we could see it above the clouds. It was so inspiring to see how it occurred. It made me reflect about the beauty of life. 

Phillip and I: Ready for Island Hopping
After breakfast, we went Island hopping. We visited Virgin Island. The locals says it's owned by a family and looking at the place, aside from the few cottages around the area, no one else is residing the island.
Beautiful cottage by the sea where underwater are
very beautiful corals.
It was also my first time snorkeling and we rented gears that only costs 150.00 for a day. I saw very beautiful fish that I only see in movies or documentaries of the NatGeo. How I wish that I also have an underwater camera to capture the view underwater.

A Natural Paradise!
There were many stone formations around the area and it reconnected me with nature. It's like an untouched paradise and that's why maybe it's called Virgin Island.
A Sign Painted on the Rock!
Welcome!!! Virgin Island!
 Aside from the nice beach, colorful underwater view, a Filipino on a vacation will surely have loads of Photo opportunities around the Island. Memories with friends will surely last.

Cottage near the Beach
There are many cottages to choose from, one on the beach and one near the beach.

Lunch Time! Chicken Kebab! :) yummy
We then had a very delicious lunch! And we used banana leaves as plates! Let's do it the Filipino way! :) 

After lunch, we went to the snorkeling site on our way back to the main island. There was a lot to see. There was more to whatever I could imagine! :)

Tan and Proud!

Well, I had a free Tan today! I very much enjoyed this experience with my co-volunteers! I will surely miss the time we had today!

Pasta? :D
Our dinner tonight was pasta and pizza. Everyone was happy especially our British co-volunteers! After dinner, we went out with our bikes and had some tour together. Almost every household in Sta. Fe have their bikes and they usually rent it to tourist.
Baked Shellfish!
Before this day ended, we had a very delicious baked shellfish! Its very mouthwatering! Camille and KP (co-volunteers) wanted savor it's taste since we didn't have much during lunch!

I'm so happy to have shared a lot of good times and first times together with my co-ICS volunteers. The experience we have today will surely strengthen us if ever there will be storms happening in the next days of our volunteering journey. Ichigo Ichi! Indeed, it's a once in a lifetime experience! :)
Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. THE DEAF EXPLORER - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger