Day 42: Host Home Family Beach Outing

Thursday, March 28, 2013

It's the 42nd day of my ICS Volunteering Journey. Today is Maundy Thursday and we are off from work until Easter Sunday. We stayed at home the whole morning and decided to go to the beach 4 this afternoon. 

Homesick. If I was at home, my family and I usually goes to the beach in Masao, Butuan City together with our relatives. I will play with my cousins and spend time with each other. It made me a little homesick especially that home is just an overnight boat ride away from Cebu City.

Marley, the Dog
Marley the Dog. We're going to Liloan which is literally translated in English as whirlpool. Before, there were many whirlpools found in the area. It took us two jeepney rides from Brgy. Mabolo. Our dog Marley followed us all the way to the road and we were in shock to see him together with us riding on the jeepney. We then decided to bring him with us because its already very far away from home.

Kids love the beach. Arriving, the kids were very excited to go into the water. They all love to swim and play with the waves. Our house help Maribelle, ate Gloria and Aileen , same as the kids, also doesn't want to miss the fun.

L-R: Maribelle, Kingston, Christian, Ate Gloria
and Aileen enjoying the salty waters.
We went home around 8:00 PM a bit exhausted but I felt so overjoyed. I'm so glad to have them as my host family. They always find ways to make things wonderful for us. Their hospitality is never ending!

"As I look at the waves on the beach vanish as it is reaches the seashore, it reminded me how short life is. And as we live each day, may we never cease being thankful for each second that passes by."

Leah, one of our host home children
looking at the wonderful sunset at the beach.

Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. THE DEAF EXPLORER - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger