Day 68: Deaf and Hearing Band Night at Outpost

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Its the 67th day of my ICS Volunteering journey. I went to DSWS office today to send sponsorship letter for our upcoming camp. It was a very long ride. Unfortunately, there is no current budget for 2013 for the activities for the PWD sector. DSWS has been supporting the Deaf community and just last year, they provided sponsorship for the Deaf Awareness Week. 
Packed goods as relief for residents affected by the recent fire outrage
At their office, I also noticed that they were so busy packing relief goods for the recent fire that burned several houses. After, I went back to the office to prepare the materials I need to bring for the Deaf and Hearing Band Night at outpost which Mike coordinated. I also printed additional 24 photocards for A Card for A Cause.
Friends who came to support the event!
Sonny and I stayed at the table to welcome guests, explain the the cause and ask them to support CAD.
Sonny Rey, on his post!
It was my first time to see how Deaf people party and I its so much fun to see them on stage, performing the song. Their expressive faces are very contagious and it touches the soul.
The boy musician and Janice on stage performing.
Musicians were also able to experience how Deaf people rocks the stage! I hope that this encounter will not be the end.
JP, Bea and I. :)
My friend Bea came to support our event. It's such an encouragement when friends come to support you. It's like having an ice cream in the hot summer sun!
Ctoss Culture-Music in the Ears and Eyes!
We ended around 2AM and happy to raise around P6,000.00. Every event, we are one step closer to reaching our fundraising targets! :)
Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. THE DEAF EXPLORER - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger