Day 65: On the Last Day of the Registration Booth

Saturday, April 20, 2013

It's 65th day of my ICS volunteering journey. I went around 9:00AM at the GVSP office to help Jenny cook food for our guest from Manila. He is Rovilson Fernandez who's Mark Nelson's friend and partner during the Amazing Race. 

Today is also the last day of the registration booth and the fun run team is also very busy distributing the shirts to the participants. KP and I rode a taxi to bring the 6 bags of shirts to the Fun Run Registration booth.
KP sorting the shirts to be brought at the Fun Run Booth in Ayala Center, Cebu
 After helping them out with the registration. I went to print some photos for A Card for A Cause which I plan to pick up later this afternoon. I then went back to GVSP office to help them with the preparations.
Mr. Chef! Daniel!
They were almost done with the cooking so I went out and bought some Ice. Luckily, the sari-sari store didn't ran out and I was able to buy 20 pieces. 

Sonny, Rovilson, Me and KP.
Rovilson then came with Karen and Roslyn. We then had lunch together  with other CAD members and officers as well as the ICS Volunteers. 

After lunch, a short lecture about Deaf Culture and Awareness were given to our guest. Followed was the film showing of the Binisaya film "Abot Kamay" which is about a Deaf who wants to become a celebrity. And that of course stars Karen who is a CAD member. :)
Abdel Jamal, a close friend from Mindanao who formerly
worked at UN OCHA during Typhoon Sendong Emergency Response

I went back to Ayala to pick up the photos I printed which we plan to sell tomorrow at the Fun Run Event. I was so happy to meet Jamal whom I closely worked with during my volunteer work in Iligan City for Typhoon Sendong Emergency Response. He is one of the great leaders I was able to meet and he is also a very inspiring person. His friend Emil from the Asia Foundation as well as Stef who is with Rovilson invited him to join the fun run tomorrow. 

Say Cheese! Last day of the registration booth! We all had fun!!
Tomorrow is one of the highlights of our ICS volunteering journey! I'm so glad we all made it this far! I'm so excited to Break The Silence!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. THE DEAF EXPLORER - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger